Tennessee Affiliate Broker Pre-Licensing TN Real Estate License FAQs
Every Question You Need Answered to Get Your Real Estate License in Tennessee
We're here to help answer any questions you have about getting started in the real estate industry. Getting your real estate license in Tennessee is a big step, so to help we've collected and answered some frequently asked questions below.
How do I get a Tennessee real estate license?
- Complete 90 hours of Pre-Licensing education (60 hours of coursework must be taken before the state licensing exam and a 30-hour course must be completed after the exam)
- Schedule, take, and pass the Tennessee Affiliate Broker Licensing Examination with PSI Testing services
- Take the 30-hour Course For New Affiliates
- Submit a New Tennessee Affiliate Broker License Application with fees and required documentation
- Choose a sponsoring broker to go through the licensing process
- For more information on the licensing process, click here
How long does it take to get a Tennessee real estate license?
The amount of time it takes to get a Tennessee real estate license depends on many factors. Pre-Licensing coursework, electronic fingerprint submission, licensing examination, and application submission and processing are the primary steps in obtaining an affiliate broker license. For more information on the licensing process, click here.
How much does it cost to get a Tennessee real estate license?
There are a number of costs associated with getting your Tennessee affiliate broker license. Fixed costs will include the application fee of $90, license examination fee of $43, and a fingerprint processing fee. Varied costs include Pre-Licensing education tuition and fees, and will depend on the education provider you choose.
Note: These costs are subject to be changed by the state at any time.
What are the ongoing education requirements after I get my Tennessee real estate license?
During each active license renewal period, each affiliate broker must complete 16 hours of Continuing Education (CE), 10 of which are electives and 6 of which are mandatory TREC Core. All CE must be completed on or before the license expiration.
How can I verify a Tennessee real estate license?
The Tennessee Department of Commerce & Insurance has a License Search and Verification.
Intuitive Design Customized for You
When it comes to learning, we have you covered. Our streamlined design makes it easy to navigate and complete your courses on time. You shouldn’t have to struggle when it comes to getting your real estate education.Take Our Course Tour »